Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo... You MUST TRY this.


Hello everyone,
I apologize for not posting in a few days! I enjoyed my weekend off of cooking, and AWAY from the computer!
Last week was a busy one for me, and I had a few people over. 
Let's see. My food log from last week is as follows..

Monday: Chicken Enchiladas- home made
Tuesday: Chicken Parm- home made
Wednesday: Pizza Hut - ordered! YUM!
Thursday: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo - crock pot
Friday: Mon Ami Gabi.. French Restaurant
Saturday: La Sandia Mexican food for lunch, and I went to the Washington Winter Show. This was an antique show.. but the price tags WERE INSANE! I mean, it was the real deal stuff, because I didn't see a price tag lower than $5,000.00. What SHOCKED me was that people were writing checks left and right, as if these prices were nothing.
I want to be that rich some day. Hah. 
.. but then I wasn't feeling well and went home.. slept all day and night. 

Oh! Back to Mon Ami Gabi.. This place is AMAZING!!!!! 

As you can see here, that was a plate that had a Medium Filet with Merlot sauce, and the best mashed potatoes I have had.. in a VERY VERY long time. This may be one of my new favorite restaurants.  Only issue.. it was SO LOUD and busy!

Also, their French Onion soup was the best I have had.. hands down...ever. That's right folks. I am saying that Mon Ami Gabi has the BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP ever.
OH AND THEIR APPLE TART WAS REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD. I mean.. really. 
Oh god, I want to go there so badly NOW.  Sigh.

Anyways, last week I didn't get to document my Chicken Broccoli Alfredo dinner night.. and I am really excited about sharing. I had a friend over, who DOES NOT EAT ANYTHING that has greens in it. I mean, the day he eats a salad- I will keel over and die from a heart attack. 

Seriously. 
The recipe was from Six Sisters' Stuff. I am LOVING the recipes I got from their site. <3. 
This was so good, we finished it all. Zero leftovers. The boys barely spoke while eating. Their focus was the food. Ha. 
It was a well reviewed and received recipe. 
GRADING: 
When we started talking about grading, my hubby gave it a B+. My friend gave it a B+
I give it a B+ as well... SO OVERALL GRADE: C-... no, just kidding! B!! 
Notes** 
We are not fans of  Fettuccine in this house, so we served the sauce over Rotini pasta. 
Also, I would suggest making bread, because it was a little "liquid-y" so the bread could soak up the remaining sauce... after the pasta is gone. 
OR, I even thought of adding a little cream cheese at the end, to thicken it... but I don't know. That may be a completely totally horrible idea. Thoughts? 
ALSO- the broccoli breaks down into the sauce. If you want some texture- add broccoli florets. I added a few steamed pieces to the sauce a little before serving.... Just a thought. :)  
Recipe: (from Six Sister's Stuff...) 


 Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
2 (16 oz) jars Alfredo sauce (I use light)
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. 
I am home sick today. I slept on my neck wrong, and it hurts to move it around. :( BUT at least I was able to post a catch up!!

Tonight we are having French Dip Sandwiches, crock pot style, with home made bread from my NEW BREADMAKER! Mom got me this amazing breadmaker.. and it has every option known to man.
SO, we are going to attempt to make Kaiser Rolls for the sandwiches tonight. I will document that, because I have never ever used a bread maker.

Ever. 
Until then!!
XOXOXOX,  

Squishy


No comments:

Post a Comment