Monday, January 14, 2013

Drum Roll PLEASE.. the best recipe YET!! French Dip Sandwiches...?



I stayed home from work today, as I mentioned in another post. I slept on my neck wrong, and it hurt to move.....

I am so grateful for this crock pot meal. Truly, the last thing I wanted to do was make dinner.

I took this recipe from Six Sister's Stuff...


French Dip Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2-3 lb beef chuck roast
2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef consomme (it is right next to the soups and beef broth)
6-8 hoagie buns
Directions:
Place roast in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours (or HIGH for 5-7 hours). Remove roast from slow cooker and save extra juice for dipping! With 2 forks, shred roast and serve meat on buns. We also love to melt Provolone or Swiss cheese on top.
 Now, before- I said I was making home made Hoagie rolls in my bread maker. With my neck acting up, I didn't want to make the drive to the store. Instead, I used the Sub buns we already had.  

NOTES****
I sliced the rolls in half, and after hubby shredded the beef- I put it on one side of the bun. We topped it with provolone cheese. On the other side of the bun, I spread a LITTLE BIT of horseradish. JUST A LITTLE BIT.  I then put it under a broiler for a few minutes until bread was toasty and cheese melttttyyy...

These sandwiches were delish.. but.... I would suggest toasting the bread with the cheese.. THEN putting the meat on. The juices of the meat made the bread soggy during broiling. 
Also, I only put down 1 slice of Provolone per sandwich. I would do more. 
We used the juices as the dipping sauce.

GRADING*** 


 This recipe is an A. Hands down. No argument. Best we've had.


Hubby says this is a keeper, and one for every weekly rotation. :)

Tomorrow, we are going to a restaurant called COCK AND BOWL with friends after work.. so no cooking for me!

Lots of love and talk soon!!

XOXOX,

Squishy

No comments:

Post a Comment