Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Maple Dijon Chicken


I made the Maple Dijon Chicken from Six Sisters' Stuff today! Let me tell you..... it was a mixed review for sure.

First, here is the recipe!! **drummmmm roll....** 

Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken: 

1/2 pounds chicken breasts
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

 
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours). Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary for serving.

Now..for my review... *dramatic music*

I made a mistake off the bat. I didn't put in whole chicken breasts. I accidentally purchased halved breasts, and used these. Due to this... the cooking time was off. By the time we ate them, they were a little dry. This doesn't bother me at all, because I actually prefer my chicken overdone. My husband, however, is not a fan of overdone chicken.

In fact, he mentioned it a few times during dinner. 

Like I said above though.. this was a MIXED review. Dividing up at follows:

Squishy says.......   I loved the flavoring of this. I am a huge dijon person, so this was right up my alley. In MY opinion, the flavoring wasn't very SUBTLE, but it was isn't IN YOUR FACE either.  
 
I would give it a B. I really love this base, and want to play around with it...

SQUISHY GRADING SCALE: B 

Hubby says.... When I asked him what he thought he made an icky face. He thought the chicken was overcooked, and did not like the flavor. I thought he was a Dijon person, but apparently he told me he wasn't. Oops. 

When asked what his grading scale was.. he said...

HUBBY GRADING SCALE: C for the recipe, C- for execution. I think having the thinner breasts was what did me in on that one. Wasn't a huge deal to me.. but enough to have the Mr. ask if we could take this off our menu.

CONCLUSION:  I will make this when hubby is out of town, or if he's with friends and not coming home for dinner. I liked it a lot.

 
Thought I'd take a picture of the plate and my Christmas table... so sad to take down decorations this weekend. :( 

Tomorrow, we are doing Beef Stew!! Yay!! 

Have a wonderful night interwebs. Let's chat soon, ok?

XOXOXO,
Squishy    

No comments:

Post a Comment