Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The best Chicken Parm... ever.

Hello blog world,

Today was not the best day ever. I fell down the stairs, spilled gravy all over my new cardigan sweater, ran into a door frame so hard that I left a bump, and then twisted my ankle walking to my car when leaving work.

Awesome.

When I got home, I wanted to crawl under the covers and go to sleep. Instead, I decided to decompress by cooking!!

I wanted some kind of comfort food... so I decided to go with a Chicken Parmesan

My husbands favorite meal is Chicken Parm. I have tried to cook it so many different versions, and finally I found the way that's tried and true... and SO FRIGGING GOOD.

Okay, you will need...

  • Chicken Breast- I made 2.
  • Mozzarella Cheese (I used shredded this time, because it's what I had)
  • Pasta Sauce
  • Flour
  • 2 Eggs
  • Panko Bread Crumbs 
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Garlic Salt
  • Salt and Pepper
  • AND a bottle of wine, to pour yourself a glass and sip during cooking. :) I had a Riesling on hand... it was quite yummy.

First, pound out your chicken. I USUALLY try to pound it out thin, but today I wanted a higher chicken in center to crust ratio. Ha. Did that even make sense?


I put plastic wrap down over the cutting board, and then over the chicken breasts as well. 

Pound...
Pound...
Pound....
Pound.....
Pound......





-flour 
-2 eggs
-Panko breadcrumbs. 


Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, then the panko breadcrumbs. Add some Canola Oil to a frying pan. Wait for the Canola Oil to get realllllly hot.. then add chicken. After about 1-2 minutes,flip the chicken over. The Panko breadcrumbs should have browned. 

Transfer chicken to a glass baking dish.    

THEN... add the Pasta SAUCE!!!

I put enough to cover the breast. Top the sauce with.....
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Italian Seasoning
 Bake for about 25-30 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken breast is

FINAL STEP! EAT! 


 RECIPE:

Ingredients:
  • Chicken Breast (2)
  • Mozzarella Cheese (I used shredded this time, because it's what I had)
  • Pasta Sauce
  • Panko Bread Crumbs 
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Garlic Salt
  • Salt and Pepper
 Directions:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Pound Chicken to flatten.
*Dredge Chicken breast in flour, egg, then panko crumbs.
*Preheat Canola oil in a frying pan.
*Add chicken when oil is hot, and cook until Panko crust is browned. 1-2 minute on each side.
*Add chicken to glass baking dish.
*Top Chicken with Pasta Sauce, Mozerella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, and Italian Seasoning. 
*Cook for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness of Chicken Breast.
 *Serve with Pasta, or side salad. :)

ENJOOOYY!!


This is one of our favorite Home-cooked comfort meals. SOOO.. from my family to yours.. wishing you a BELLY FULL OF YUM!

Tomorrow, I am making the Crock Pot Brocolli Chicken Alfredo! I am so excited! I have been waiting to try it. :) 
 
xoxoxox,

Squishy 




No comments:

Post a Comment