Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mexican FIESTA....My Chicken Enchiladas.

Yesterday, I made Mexican food.  We had friends over for food and fun- so I decided to go with my old classic.. Chicken Enchiladas. 

I can't tell you how many times I've made these enchiladas. They are so simple, and yet everyone always raves about them.

So here it is... I am imparting my knowledge onto you. 

Warning, I forgot to take pictures again. I had a guacamole melt down on the first batch I made, and ran out of time for dinner prep. The clock was ticking down on me... so I HAD to just cook as quickly as I could.  


So first, I boiled 2 chicken breast in Chicken Broth for 30 minutes. Afterwards, I shredded said chicken. (Above is the only picture I took. Admire it's beauty. hah)

I then took 1 GREEN BELL PEPPER and 1 ONION and chopped it up. Threw them in a frying pan with a little bit of garlic, and cooked for a few minutes with olive oil. 
MEANWHILE, in a medium to large sauce pan I mixed the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce (I use Trader Joes) and heated it through. Once warm, add as little or as much cheese as you want. I usually dump the majority of a bag of Mexican Cheese

Then, add Onion and Green pepper. 

Mix.

Mix some more

Add more Cheese.

No seriously, add more cheese.

THERE YA GO! :)

Okay this is a VERY IMPORTANT STEP..... take a little bit of the mixture (or if you have extra enchilada sauce you didn't mix, you can use this) and lightly coat the bottom of a glass baking dish. This allows for no sticky sticky which = goopy mess when plating. 

Take tortillas (I use flour), scoop some of the mixture, wrap up....... place in glass dish. Scoop remainder of the mixture on top of the enchiladas.  Add more cheese on top.

Yes, your arteries will not be happy- but its SO GOOD!


This usually makes about 5-6 enchiladas. Bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes (depending on the amount  of "stuff" on top)

RECIPE:

Ingredients-
Flour Tortillas
2 Chicken Breast
Enchilada Sauce (large can.. or Trader Joe's)
Green Pepper
Onion
Bag of Mexican Cheese
Garlic

Directions:
*preheat oven to 350*
1- Cook Chicken. Shred. (I boiled for 30 minutes in Chicken Broth)
2- Chop Green Pepper and Onion, sautee with garlic and a little bit of olive oil for a few minutes- under soft. 
3- Add Shredded Chicken and Enchilada sauce to medium-large sauce pan. Heat threw. 
4- Add Cheese to the sauce. I use the entire bag, but add as little or as much as you want. Reserve some for ontop of the enchiladas when cooking. 
5- Add Green Pepper and Onion.
6- Add some Enchilada Sauce mixture (or left over sauce) to the bottom of the glass baking dish.
7- Scoop Enchilada Sauce mixture into tortillas, wrapping and laying in baking dish. Makes about 5-6 enchiladas.
8- Add remaining sauce and cheese to top.
9- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the tortillas, topping, etc.

ENJOY!

Sorry for lack of pictures. Boo. I'll have to post some later when I make it again.

With that, I am off to bed.

XOXOXOX

Squishy


No comments:

Post a Comment