Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lime Salsa Chicken Soft Tacos.

Hey all!!!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. This past week-ish has just FLOWN by!

..since I posted last, I got offered a job (yay!),  put in my two weeks (boo), and made another batch of frozen crock pot meals (YAY!)

Of course, I didn't take any pictures of the process (dóh!)... but here is the list of the new frozen crock pot meals I have in my freezer... *drum roll*


-Honey Rosemary Chicken
-Lime Salsa Chicken (serve as soft tacos)
-Sloppy Joes (5 points with ¾ serving)
-Santa Fe Chicken (serve as soft tacos)
-Orange Chicken
-French Dip Sandwiches

OKAY.... so since I posted last- we have "CROCK POTTED" a few times.  

I got the recipe for the Lime Salsa Chicken from this amazing blog... Kojo Designs. She did a few frozen crock pot meals... and I borrowed mostly from her this time around. 

I DID NOT take a picture of this (sigh) but here is the recipe. I heated up some tortillas and shredded the chicken in crock pot before serving. We served them like shredded soft chicken tacos.

And since I didn't take any pictures.. enjoy this random assortment of Mexican food I found on the interwebs. haha.
Lime Salsa Chicken (when I prepped it, I split this recipe in 1/2 and put in two bags. SO glad I did... we STILL have left overs from when I made this on Tuesday) 

Ingredients: 
1 lime
Cilantro
Taco Seasoning Packet
2 Jalapenopeppers
3 lbs chicken breast
1 chopped red pepper
1/2 onion
24-ounce jar of salsa

**I threw the salsa in the bag with everything else.. and then froze it. Recipe called for everything else then adding Salsa. It turned out wonderful... so I'd say just throw it in**

IN THE BAG- Juice from one lime, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional), a 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning, 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional), 3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, 1 chopped red pepper, and 1/2 onion, chopped
TO COOK- In a slow cooker, mix together the contents of the bag and one 24-ounce jar of salsa (I used mango salsa, but use whatever kind of salsa you like). Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
TO SERVE- Serve in corn tortillas with rice.

Verdict....

Let me tell you. I LOVED these. They taste just like a restaurants Soft Chicken Taco. I was in heaven. Hubby didn't care for them as much as I did. (I question his judgement at times)

My Grade- A. For Sure. I LOVED this. 

Hubby's grade- B. 


XOXOXOXOX... on to post the other recipes!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment