Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beef Stewwwwwwww!!!!! :)

Hello Blog World,

Before I start... I need to take this moment, to share a Public Service Announcement.

DO NOT forget your crock pot overnight, on a low simmer. The mess I just cleaned up was icky guck and I did not enjoy the last 10 minutes of my life. hahaha.

Okay, now on to the post. 

I wasn't feeling so hot last night- so after dinner I went to bed. Hence, the later post. What a YUM dinner I had!!

I made the Crock Pot Beef Stew from Six Sisters' Stuff.

The recipe is as follows:

Hearty Beef Stew
 
Ingredients:

1 pound beef stew cubes  
4 carrots, sliced
4 red potatoes, cut into large cubes
1 package dry onion soup mix  
2 cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce  
1 (10 oz) package frozen green peas  

Directions:  
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. 
Mix together and zip bag closed. 
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. 
Cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (or HIGH for 5-6 hours).
So.... I had to sort of manipulate this freezer bag into my crock pot- because I didn't have a lot of room.
Six Sisters DID say they put the recipe in two separate bags... I suggest that as well. It cooked up to me SO MUCH MORE than we could eat..... and then of course I left it on all night and its this uck of a mess. Sadly, no leftovers :(
I cooked the stew for about 9 hours, as I feel soup does better for longer periods of time.  
It was really good. My husband doesn't care for larger veggies (I think I have mentioned this is an ongoing fight for many years, in that I LOVE larger veggies)...... he wanted me to cut them smaller. 

Overall.. this was a keeper recipe.

SQUISHY'S KITCHEN GRADE: I give this an B+. My husband gave it a B-. SOOOO by our powers combined... let's say it's a B.  It was really good. I liked it a lot, great heart soup. I think I would add celery and onion to it next time, and that would up it to an A for me. 
 
Short post.. because, well- I am off to enjoy my Saturday with some friends. :) 
Bye interwebs.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment